Main Menu

Trex 900 Nitro

Started by Barbarian, January 01, 2014, 09:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbarian

Solidworks model. test render but for some reason I keep getting washout color on some of the parts. The Blade assembly especially. why does this happen?

thomasteger

Because the light is hitting it. Try a different HDRI.

Barbarian

light is hitting the muffler too but its giving nice effect other parts is washing the color off

feher

Quote from: Barbarian on January 02, 2014, 12:10:46 PM
light is hitting the muffler too but its giving nice effect other parts is washing the color off
The muffler is a different shape so it will reflect light differently then a flat surface like your blade . A flat surface does not have fall off like a round surface.  So the blade will show brighter in the light. Tweak the blade material so it does not blow out. If the blade material is linked to another part unlink it so you can just tweak the blade material without affecting the other parts.
Without the KSP it is hard pin point exactly what is going on or what you are trying to do.
My door is always open if you need some help.
Tim

Barbarian

here is my problem the blade I understand it isnt a real problem. You see the colored controls the light is washing off the color the reflections are not that strong

I run on the same issue on previous renders.

Is the problem with the material should it be darker color is the HDRI that is causing the wash off, Is it the soft transitions in the HDRI light to dark that give off this wash off effect?

thanx tim much appreciated

Speedster

Ah...  Anodized material can be tough to deal with.  I suggest you try a metallic paint, and play with the flake color and size, etc.  I think you will find less washout.
Bill G