Main Menu

New user

Started by Sinzalot, January 03, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinzalot

Hi folks,

finally managed to get Keyshot into my life and man alive am I glad I did...It's beyond amazing, I've been looking through some of my old ZBrush models and using Keyshot to bring them to life.

I'll be updating this thread as I go with my tests, hope you like 'em, please let me know how to improve...early days so far. :)

Sinzalot

Microscope test...

Speedster

Welcome, and a great first start!  I really have to look closely at ZBrush- as a SolidWorks user sometimes I get really frustrated, and you ZBrushers are doing great work.

Feel free to really play with the environment, which has the biggest impact on models like your flintlock, especially on the steel.  Maybe a little texture on the frizzen?  I especially like your acrylic display cube, which is so appropriate for this kind of display.

Keep them coming!

Bill G

Sinzalot

Hey Bill,

thank you, I've often looked at SolidWorks, I've always liked the more hard modelling aspect of 3D. How hard is it to master?

I'll experiment more with the environment, cheers for that. I'm also interested in creating my own HDRI environments, something for future projects :)

I will indeed keep 'em coming,

Cheers Bill G

feher

Nice modeling ! Love that pistol.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Sinzalot

Thanks Tim, it's an old model but I've just been waiting to get the right renderer. Just checked out your website, very very impressive work mate, love you vehicle interiors, superb.

Another model keyshot, I think KeyShot is my new guilty pleasure, hope to get some characters up soon.

lazer

Great shot of the lighter texture in the metal, I played around with Zbrush for about a month but I found it quite difficult to get use to the interface also not having a sculpting background I just ended up making models on the fly and they ended up well lets say rubbish lol.

Chad Holton

Really nice work - keep it up!  :)

Sinzalot

Laser: many thanks mate, yeah it's not the easiest interface to get along with but worth the effort ;)
Chad: Thanks man, more to come :)

feher

Nice work ! The skull is sweet.
Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more.
Tim

thomasteger

Awesome work on the skull!

Josh3D

Hey Matt! Welcome to the KeyShot forums. These all look great, from gun to glasses, lighter and skull. rock awesome.

richardfunnell

Those images look great!

I noticed a bit of what looks like some chromatic aberration on the right side of skull, is this because of your depth of field or have you done some post work on that image?
Whatever it is, it looks great :) The extra texture and noise on the overall image adds to the effect!

BM

These renders are awesome! Seriously, they're sick :D How did you achieve chromatic aberration effect?

Speedster

Hi gimmyxx;

Welcome!  Trust me, we've ALL done an iphone!

Can I suggest that you remove your post on this (Sinzalot's) thread and repost it fresh on Amazing Shots, so as to not hijack his, and also to allow us all to see your work on your own thread?

Bill G