Engine Consultancy Display Boards

Started by NormanHadley, August 18, 2010, 04:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NormanHadley

I've been using Keyshot to generate some display boards for an exhibition. This is work in progress but I hope it's already of interest to someone. The conrod emerging from the drawing is inspired by Escher's "Drawing Hands" and the jigsaw puzzle is recursive use of Keyshot - with a KS image used as a decal. The two 20-tonne engines are balanced on a backplate of my hands - I'm not really that strong.

Imz

Great start!

I'm thinking the top two renderings might benefit from being a little brighter (they seem a little murky). That might be as easy as a levels adjustment in photoshop, or you might want to brighten it up in KeyShot.

On the image with the hands, I'd focus a little more on the photoshop; the hands look strange, the border is pretty ragged (particularly on the left side) and the lighting doesn't reconcile too well between the Keyshot parts and the hands.

NormanHadley

Cheers, Thomas. Thanks for the feedback, Imz - I'll try to lighten 'em up. I'm starting to think the hands could take too long to get looking natural so may revert to plan B - to model an enormous set of balance scales in Pro/E and render them in polished brass, with the engines sat in the dishes.