Main Menu

What would you do?

Started by Zen, January 02, 2014, 05:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zen

great stuff.  I'm curious what you could come up with using this base model I've created. 

zbrush has a lot of good tools and features, but I absolutely despise the user interface, to the point where if I ever came across one of the developers in the real world, I would punch them in the face.  that really is the only issue with zbrush, but it's a big one. 

it's maddening.  things like not being able to enter edit mode for no good reason at all, or exit quicksketch without a restart, tons of issues like that, that either have unintuitive solutions or no solutions at all other than exiting and restarting, typically not even allowing you to save your current progress.  for the price of the product, it's a slap in the face that those issues even exist. 

DominicQwek

Quote from: Zen on January 02, 2014, 05:54:34 AM
great stuff.  I'm curious what you could come up with using this base model I've created. 

zbrush has a lot of good tools and features, but I absolutely despise the user interface, to the point where if I ever came across one of the developers in the real world, I would punch them in the face.  that really is the only issue with zbrush, but it's a big one. 

it's maddening.  things like not being able to enter edit mode for no good reason at all, or exit quicksketch without a restart, tons of issues like that, that either have unintuitive solutions or no solutions at all other than exiting and restarting, typically not even allowing you to save your current progress.  for the price of the product, it's a slap in the face that those issues even exist.

Then just use Mudbox?

Zen

at $800, that's easier said than done ;)