Keyshot and Animation for turntable renders

Started by PPS_MichaelJ, January 03, 2014, 09:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PPS_MichaelJ

Hi, and thanks in advance for helping me out with this. We are new to Keyshot and just got Keyshot 4 (no Animation) here in the office, with one of the main objectives being able to produce turntable renders of models. After looking into this for all of 10 minutes, I believe what we needed was Keyshot with Animation to create turntable renders and that Keyshot alone will not produce the turntables we want. What I'd like is just to confirm that this is true and we do indeed need to add the Animation feature. I know it's kind of a silly question, but thanks for helping me out.

thomasteger

The Base (HD) version of KeyShot does not include TT animation capabilities, but the Pro version does.

PPS_MichaelJ

I'm glad I asked, I was under the impression that the Animation add-on would be capable of creating a turntable. The Animation add-on says it allows multiple turnaround animations, but that does not include the kind of turnaround we need?

I'll just contact Keyshot directly. Thanks for your help :)

thomasteger

Of course the animation add-on contains turntable animation with much more flexibility, in addition to all the other animation features. If you have the Pro version, and are just looking for a simple turntable animation, then you don't necessarily need the animation add-on.