Pro/E importer does not work.

Started by keisuh, August 19, 2010, 03:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keisuh

Hello

I tried 2.46 with
XP SP3 32bit, XP 64 bit and 7 64 bit and could not import any .prt or .asm files.
It is all Japanese Windows and must have something to do with it. However Mac version works well and read all the files.

I attached the error message and  a sample file

Thanks

DonChunior

Hi keisuh,

I'm using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition SP 2, Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 M150 and KeyShot 2.0.46 - I have no problems at importing files.

Regards, DonChunior

keisuh

Thanks.

I guess it has something to do with Japanese Windows  version. 2 byte codes often does something bad.

kh

I am using Keyshot 2.0.46 with Japanese Windows, I have no problems at importing your sample file.
As you say, when 2 bytes character is included in the path of the file, Keyshot cannot sometimes found the file.
However, it have been improved after 2.0.38.
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=482.0

こんばんは。
以前はディレクトリに日本語が含まれる場所(デスクトップなど)にファイルを置くと開けませんでしたが、2.0.46ではこの問題も解決しているようです。
実際にkeisuhさんのサンプルファイルをデスクトップに置いて試してみましたが2.0.46では問題なくインポートできました。

keisuh

How strange !

I tried on several machines and the results were all same.  1) XP 32bit SP3 2) XP 64 bit 3) Win 7 64bit 4) another Win 7 64 bit

Let me know your environment .   OS, Machine, install directory  My document path

ありがとうございます。不思議ですね。結構いろんなマシンで試したのですが、いずれもトランスレータエラーが出て
読み込めませんでした。日本語ファイル名は使っていません。
よろしければお使いの環境教えて頂けますか。何か原因があるのだと思われます。

kh

Windows XP Professional 32bit SP3
Thinkpad X61, Core2 Duo 2.5GHz, RAM4GB..
KeyShot 2.0.46 (not Pro, not Floating)
Path of Keyshot.exe : C:\Program Files\KeyShot2\bin
Path of KeyShot Resources : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\KeyShot

When you obeyed the instructions of the installer, KeyShot Resources is in My document.
Because I felt like it will get into trouble later, I designated All Users and installed it.
(The installer of HyperShot installed HyperShot Content to All Users.)

ハードの仕様は無関係だとは思いますが、上記より非力なノートPCでも問題無くインポートできたことも一応お知らせしておきます。
特別なことといえば、KeyShot Resourcesの場所をMy documentではなくAll Usersにしていることぐらいです。
インストーラのデフォルトの指示に従うとKeyShot ResourcesはMy documentに入ってしまったと記憶してます。
後に問題が起きそうな気がしたので私はAll Usersを指定してインストールしました。
(ちなみにhyperShotのContentフォルダはデフォルトでAll Usersに入りました。Keyshotから変更されたようです。)
もしこの情報がお役に立てれば幸いです。

keisuh

Thanks for your info I will look into it. The strange is none of the 5 machines I tried could read the file properly.
But there must be the reason. will find it.

ありがとうございます。こちらのPCはどれも読めないのです。不思議な現象です。
Pro/Eが入っていないと駄目なのでしょうかね。(以前はそうだったような覚えがありますが。その名残?)
お使いのマシンはPro/Eは入っていますか?

kh

I installed KeyShot Resources in the various destination, but this seemed to be unrelated to this problem.
(BTW, Materials Window was empty when 2 bytes character is included in the path of KeyShot Resources folder.)

Pro/Eは持ってませんし、過去にインストールしたこともないです。
KeyShot Resourcesの場所が関係あるのかと思って、パスに日本語が含まれる場所(例えばデスクトップ)にインストールして試してみました。しかし全く問題なくインポートできました。(ただしマテリアルライブラリが読み込めない)
ということで、2バイト文字の関係ではなさそうですし、本当に妙ですね。。

NormanHadley

I have this problem, too. XP64 SP2, KS2.0.46, Pro/E Wildfire 4.0, M140. Thankfully the plug-in works OK but occasionally it would be nice to directly open Pro/E data in Keyshot

keisuh

Thanks for your reply.
Now it is common issue.

guest84672

Are these files not importing at all? Download 2.0.46 again and reinstall. We were missing some files in the installer very early on which we addressed immediately.

Thanks,
Thomas

keisuh

Thanks !! Now it looks like working.