ShapeMan for Shapeways

Started by SteveTalkowski, January 16, 2014, 08:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTalkowski

I got to work on a cool collaboration with the gang over at Shapeways.  The latest updated to Photoshop CC allows you to paint and set up your 3d prints directly in the app, then send them off to Shapeways for color printing in their sandstone material.

https://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/2417-Contest-Your-Photoshop-3D-design-at-NYCs-3D-Printshow-2014.html

I built the base mesh in Maya, rigged and posed there.  Then brought them into ZBrush for further cleanup and paint.  Exported as .OBJ and import into Keyshot for the final renders.  I'm just now downloading the PS CC update and will take a pass at painting one up there.

Cranked these out in two days, and Keyshot made the final rendering process effortless!

Josh3D

Saw them on Instagram Steve. Very cool project! Definitely curious about the new CC tools.

DominicQwek

thomasteger

SteveTalkowski

Thanks guys!  Unfortunately, i'm having a hell of a time actually getting anything to work in PS.  The 3D navigation is horrendous, and i keep getting constant cursor spins when trying to switch between brush and translation.  I will be sticking to ZBrush for my 3d painting needs.

Josh3D

I honestly don't know why anyone would use PS for 3D work. I've attempted multiple times and it's just way too cumbersome!

EGON