Keyshot Plugin for SolidEdge

Started by imfastrnu2, January 17, 2014, 10:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imfastrnu2

I believe the plugin is suppose to have more options than what I have. Are the extra options only available if you have a full license of Keyshot? Right now I'm on demo, trying to make a decision about purchasing.

This is how my plugin looks.

This is how i think it's supposed to look.

Thanks.

jeffw

I have a full license of KeyShot and my SE plug in looks like yours with render and update icons.

What other options are you thinking there should be?

Jeff

imfastrnu2

I was watching this SolidEdge/Keyshot video and I noticed he had "3Dcontrol" next to his Keyshot controls. I assumed, probably incorrectly, that it was a Keyshot addition. Since your plugin looks like mine, it's most likely a separate add-on. I was just wanting to make sure my plugin was installed correctly.

Thanks Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Xvc3152vQ

jeffw

The 3d control icons are there if you have a 3d input device like space navigator assigned to SE. If you don't have one you will not see those icons. It sounds like you aren't using such a device.

Jeff

imfastrnu2

nope, i investigated a little bit and found that out. We have another Engineer here who's using a space mouse and he has controls like that. Sorry about that... I feel a bit foolish now, but at first glance it appeared there were controls missing from my Keyshot plugin.

I do love Keyshot, I asked my supervisor for it and he added it to his expense list for this upcoming year so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it gets approved.