Main Menu

Stent Crimper.

Started by Imz, August 18, 2010, 12:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imz

Hi All,

Started offering my opinions on other people's renderings, so figured it would only be fair to show a little of where I'm at...I'm an Industrial Designer, so modeling isn't a priority; design is. I work in Alias and KeyShot (used to use HyperShot). Renderings need to happen as quickly as possible.

Here's an old project (from the '90's) which I re-rendered because the photography I had was so old school.

Feel free to offer input!

Speedster

Hi Imz;

Ok, now it's my turn!  Nice design.  "back in the '90s"?  Didn't know we had computers back then- I well remember the day I sold my huge drafting board and machine.  Man, it's amazing how far we have come in our ability to translate our designs into reality, thanks to KeyShot!

My only comment is to maybe add just a tiny bit of roughness to the material.  Just enough to help define form, but not lose the transparency.  The reflections on white is a nice touch.

My primary work is medical device design, and I'd like to talk to you.  Can you email me at gouldstudios@att.net?

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

Imz

Speedster- Definitely will try adding roughness- I saw Thomas give that advice to another user in the forum & it piqued my curiosity...

Of course I'll ping you too.

Imz

Imz

Hey Bill,

Is it possible to adjust/ access the detailed parameters for any material? I started with a glass material for these, and I see now that roughness isn't shown as an option in edit material/ parameters...

Speedster

You are right, there's no roughness for glass, and Frosted Glass won't take colors.  Try this- on the Material tab, go to 'material type' drop-down, choose plastic.  Choose the color.  Now increase the Specular Transmission, which sets the transparency.  You may have to tweak the Diffuse transmission as well, but not likely.  Now you can adjust the roughness to suit.
Bill G