Terrible slowdown on Mac 10.9.1 with Wacom Tabled.

Started by Deepimage, February 01, 2014, 02:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepimage

Hi there,

Just upgraded to KeyShot 4 win/mac but I do have some serious issue with the Mac version in conduction with my Wacom tabled. There is a significant slowdown in response and navigation within KeyShot 4!! This was also the case with KeyShot 3, that's why I upgraded to version 4 in the hope that this issue would have been resolved. Apparently not the case.

With BootCamp and Win 7, KeyShot 4 runs like a charm. But I also like to see it perform as good on the Mac, with Wacom tabled!!

Does anyone know what's the matter and how to resolve this issue? YES, I got the latest Wacom drivers for Mac!

OSX 10.9.1
2 x 2,26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1024 MB

Cheers,

Peter

thomasteger

Does it run as you would expect without the Wacom tablet?

Deepimage

Hi Thomas,

It performs as STICKY with and without Wacom tabled. The good old usb-3Button Logitech mouse is also NO improvement!!
I even have removed Keyshot 4 completely and reinstalled it, sadly there is no enhancement on the Mac  :'(.
I truly have no clue what causes KeyShot to be so sticky?

EGON

I have a Wacom and it works fine in KS. All OSX 10.5 and above. Mac Pro 3.1

thomasteger

@EGON 10.5? KeyShot still runs on it?

@Deepimage - never had a complaint about this issue. And we run tons of Macs here.

EGON

Deepimage

Thanks Thomas and EGON,

It's fine to know that the rest does not have any issues on ton's of Mac's. But that's not an answer to my problem! Though it's interesting that I'm the only one experiencing this issue. It surly gives hope that we can resolve this as KS 4 is running mighty fine on ton's of Mac's above OS10.5. Including Mavericks?

So where can I start to tackle this "one off" issue? Really like to resolve this Thomas.

Chad Holton

Here's a couple of post that may be handy for you:

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,7062.0.html

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,6979.0.html

Not sure what "app nap" is but that may be the issue. There's other suggestions/links that may be helpful too.

EGON

I tried 10.9 for a couple of days and hated it.Long restarts and shutdown . I will run 10.6.8 for as long as I can. Have you tried a Safe restart? Hold down the Shift key while restarting.

edwardo

I'm torn myself..... Egon is right, 10.6.8 is rock solid, and I would stick with it in a heart beat but rhino (my go to modelling app) no longer supports below 10.7, and I'd like to give fusion 360 a go, which is 10.8 and above.

I'm just about to get myself a new MBP.... Do any mac people know if I will be able to install 10.6.8 on that successfully?

thomasteger

Keep in mind that KeyShot 5 will no longer support OS X 10.6.

EGON

If 10.9 is on a new MBP it runs fine. It's when I upgrade I run into problems. I wouldn't put 10.6 on a new MBP.

Deepimage

Hi Chad,

Indeed very constructive!

with "App Nap" disabled and "Numbers of cores to us - All cores". I get the sticky version of KS.
with "App Nap" disabled and "Numbers of cores to us - 8". I't runs fine.
When set to 15 cores I't still runs fine!
With "App Nap" enabled and "Numbers of cores to us - 8 or 15". I't runs fine!

Thanks