Fossil Nate JR1424

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, February 05, 2014, 01:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Bought myself a new watch, so I had to model and render it:) Modeled in NX and rendered in KeyShot

CAClark

I have a nate, aside from the subdial hands being a bit thin, that looks AWESOME.

Especially like the stitching!

Cheers!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks! Much appreciated :)

I was actually most displeased with the stitching, as it is hard to model it visually accurate with NX. Surprising compliment ;)

CAClark

Although pushed for time on mine, it's much nicer than my stitching! :)

Cheers!

thomasteger

edwardo

Aw man, it's watch day today...
Beautiful renders and modeling

Ed

Josh3D

These are just superb Magnus. Well done!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks alot guys! Appreciate it :)

EGON

Some great news if you're pushed for time. Nice work Mangus.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I approve that quote. Thanks:)

I hope I get the chance to try out KS pro soon. The student license is good, but I sure want to test out the more advanced functions;)

thomasteger

Magnus,

The Pro version doesn't include any advanced functions as far as image creation goes, other than the ability to edit your HDRIs. Everything else are workflow features.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Aha, I haven't done my research good enough then, I suppose. Good to know :)

Still, HDRI-modifications would be nice. I had to add some spheres and planes to block some lights in order to get the desired lighting. It works, but it can be difficult to position the objects at different angles.

feher

Nice work ! What would really take this to the next level is the leather watch band. Right now it feels like plastic. Just some adjustments to materials will fix that.
Thanks for sharing !
Would love to see you push this more.
Tim

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ths took quite a while, but rest assured, I've taken the excellent constructive feedback into account to make another effort! :) Thanks alot Tim! Let me know if you still think it is a little off. I am sure you can spot the details.

I tried to give the leather a worn look. Some post work done as well.

thomasteger