KEYSHOT PRO 4.2/4.3 Rhino Object Colors No Longer Importing

Started by japipi, February 05, 2014, 09:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japipi

Hi,

Does anyone have a workaround or way to downgrade back to keyshot 4.1 pro?

I work at a large consumer electronics corporation and all of the industrial designers use Rhino with Keyshot. I am telling people NOT to upgrade since I am having major importing issues now.

We used to be able to color Objects and have them import into Keyshot for render. When I do it with 4.2+ it comes in as a solid block of a single color I cannot unlink.

A workaround has been saving as iges but surfaces come in unjoined and sometimes artifacts show up on seams, you also lose all your rhino layers in keyshot when exporting to iges.

The other workaround is to change the Rhino material properties but this is a couple more clicks and we use Keyshot a LOT so over time this is quite an annoyance.

Please Help

thomasteger

We found the issue and are preparing a fix. In the meantime you can revert to 4.1 using the links posted in the download section of the forum.

edwardo

Iv never had success using colour in rhino to differentiate part going into KS. I would stick to using rhino layers. Seems like extra work (IS extra work!) but it's reliable.

Shaun Redsar

I just tested with the plugin v.2.4 for Rhino 5 64 bit using KeyShot 4.3 and I was able to export models on the same layer with different display colors assigned. This will also work with assigning the material as previously mentioned.

japipi

Quote from: Thomas Teger on February 06, 2014, 06:13:04 AM
We found the issue and are preparing a fix. In the meantime you can revert to 4.1 using the links posted in the download section of the forum.

THANKS!

This works for now, I'll keep both versions and see if the next update fixes the issue.

Direct Link for those having similar problems:

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/board,31.0.html

and seems you guys have found the issue but we run Keyshot as a standalone. Software for some of our designers is Rhino Beta for Mac, I'm running Rhino Version 5 SR7 32-bit on a Windows 7 PC