indoor scene set-up

Started by antho2b, February 25, 2014, 08:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antho2b

Hi guys here some renders I have made with a close space an area light outside.

with outside area light and without ceiling inside

with outside area light and ceiling inside

what can I do to light the whole inside of the room and "remove" the noise on the shadow everywhere when I keep the ceiling show?
material on the wall is hard rough plastic cream
I'am using startup.hdr environnement and I don't have change any other parameter 
thanx

Speedster

You can use diffuse or IES lights, applied to spheres (in your Scenes folder) and position or tweak them.  A trick I've been using, but only when the ceiling will not show, is to apply a physical ceiling (or import and move a ground plane) and apply frosted glass to it.  It really diffuse the lighting.

I know others will pipe in with interior tricks as well...

Bill G

DriesV

For interior rendering, you may want to dig into the KeyShot preferences and enable 'experimental features'. Granted you're running KS 4.3.18.

This will enable a 'indirect bounces' slider in the project settings tab (beside 'ray bounces').
The default value is 1. When set to any higher value (2-4 will suffice) indirectly lit interiors (areas not receiving direct light, but bounced light...Very common in interiors...) will brighten up significantly.
Maybe you can start by using it on the default area light cornell box scene. The difference is huge!

Dries

fario

thank you very much for your explanations.

I learned from you :)

I think a webinar would be useful to all those who use Keyshot for interior design projects.

Antoine