Network Queue - connection to multiple masters

Started by DriesV, March 04, 2014, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

It would be cool if I could connect to multiple masters at once in the KeyShot Network Queue.
I'm running a NR license in the office and a personal NR license at home. As it happens I find myself submitting jobs to both office and home render pools.

Now, I can't access both queues at the same time. I have to switch between queues by reentering master hostnames.
It would be cool to access both queues at once.

I think it could be a neat way to more finely prioritize rendering, e.g. by having a 32-core queue for small jobs and a 256-core queue for large high-priority animation jobs, without small jobs interfering.

Just an idea... :)

Dries

Ruckus

In the meantime...

Each slave machine will have a settings.ini file in your KeyShot 4 Network Resources folder.  In that file, under the Slave section, the value of the ip entry will be the hostname of the master.  It might be faster for you to make the change there rather than using the keyshot4_network_configurator.exe

You probably have already figured that out.  However, the real value is in understanding that settings.ini is a simple text file and that you can write yourself a script that will go to each slave machine & make the change from one master to another.  Opens up a lot of other possibilities for script based control over your slave machines.  Your script will also have to stop & restart the services on the slave machines.

(Rather than trying to write a script that edits a remote file, it is probably easier to have a set of pre-configured .ini files that you just copy over the current file.)

DriesV

Quote from: Ruckus on March 05, 2014, 05:00:21 AM
Each slave machine will have a settings.ini file in your KeyShot 4 Network Resources folder.  In that file, under the Slave section, the value of the ip entry will be the hostname of the master.

I'm not really thinking about slave control. More like additional control in the Queue manager and the ability to connect to several queues in one manager.

Dries