Cool trick with labels !

Started by alp, March 06, 2014, 05:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alp

First of all I have to say thank you to the development team again for making such software available to us ! With family and daytime job, I have been really busy, but was excited to share a recent personal project . . . I did the modeling in ZBrush and my goal was to experiment some more with your shaders.  I came across the instructions by JeffM (Quick Carbon Fiber Test) and created a shader and used a few tillable images to see what results I would get. I use many render passes as I do post work in Photoshop, but wanted to share the results I have been getting by simply playing around with the label's. Thx everyone (especially to JeffM for sharing his technique) !

Here is the link to Jeff's info on this test
https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=838.0

alp

Tonight's experiment, modeled the Alien egg in ZBrush and made two custom shaders to achieve the look of these in keyshot

thomasteger

Oh man - this is some seriously awesome stuff!

alp

Another late night (4:00 am ) been experimenting more with shaders in Keyshot  . . . .  Build the terrain and egg in ZBrush, custom shader/texturing/lighting and rendering done in the AWESOME keyshot ! Also spend many hours sculpting the terrain in ZBrush. Here is the raw render straight out of KeyShot after many tweaks

HLeandre

Awesome work alp ! 8)
Could you tell us more about your egg shader?

alp

Thanks for taking your time to comment - I am new to keyshot as I just bought it a few months back- I have been spending a lot of time in it and  did watch several hours of video and highly recommend you do the same as this video will teach you very key things about shaders.

My Shader
Followed the tutorial and made a color, bump and sped map carefully in Photoshop which really makes the look of the shader. Also following the tutorial I went to the recommended link and looked at a lo of plastics and their data, until I was able to get the right look. Also my lighting helped a lot using a default HDRI set up with two additional lights one on left and the other on the right

KeyShot Webinar 29: Creating, Managing and Sharing Beautiful Materials in KeyShot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY626fh_Xcs&list=UUSJQ7mR0UNjAArOGHlharPQ

alp

Anyone who is a newbie in Keyshot like my self should watch all these videos : )

A MUST WATCH
https://www.keyshot.com/learning/webinars/

Josh3D

Glad the videos helped! This is just awesome!!

alp

Hey Josh,

Yes, if you guys have more videos by long term/pro users, it will help us advance so much more, as there are not that many out there. Would greatly appreciate it, if you guys can also have a shader library website (assuming it is in the works) so your members can upload/share. I am also looking to make more skin shaders, but did not see any tutorials on that, or did I miss them?

Many thanks for all the support and your teams hard work !

alp

Finished the test for the terrain shader  . . . Terrain and Alien Egg are entirely textured + lighting and rendering in KEYSHOT no added post work as it is the raw render ( Only added sky and painted the smoke elements in Photoshop)

thomasteger

Josh3D

Yes Alp, the share site is coming soon. Good things ahead :)

alp

More labels and more material experiments

thomasteger