texture tutorial please!

Started by fario, March 25, 2014, 01:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TpwUK

Nahhh not Martin W - The Cheetah man.

I  use cheetah to repair meshes generated from MoI3D. If your 3Design software allows you finer control of the meshing process, then you need to change settings to export a rough mesh, then edit the topology in Cheetah, then apply SubD in Cheetah too, then export to OBJ for KS. Dont forget that Cheetah also has a pretty good UV editor/mapping tool too, so if you can't be bothered to repair the mesh, you can paint and texture directly on the model.

Was your last post off topic, not really .... It's your thread :)

Martin Spencer-Ford

iahdesign

I've had similar problems with bend tubes that were exported from Solidworks.
These kind of shapes are also not good for box mapping and UV mapping showed the same problems as your model.

I 'solved' it by exporting the model to IGES and then importing that separately in Keyshot. Then I selected the UV mapping.
It did 'stretch' the texture a little bit at sharper corners, but overall was exactly what I was looking for.

I don't know why it worked and neither did the guys from Keyshot that replied to that topic, but they mentioned that they were working on something for this for version 5.
So my advice for now is try some different file formats (start with IGES) or cross your fingers and wait till Keyshot version 5.