Main Menu

Skin material

Started by alp, March 24, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilmaul

you shouldnt do that. havent you noticed that you killed all the sss by doing so?
surface color = black = no sss

alp

Thanks for taking time to reply Evilmaul . . it is actually set to a dark brown, but I will tweak it some more as I am still experimenting . . .

evilmaul

no worries...I meant the darker you go (same with the pixels  rgb value in the diff col texture)  the less sss there will be...so even with a dark brown you will get very little sss.
Never tried to do dark skin myself...I should try sometime

alp

Ciao Marco ! Lot of respect for your work >> Complimenti ! your thinking process and approach . . . I am always trying a very artistic approach rather then technical sometimes as I am a concept artist and these tools are like Nutella for me to get quick and convincing renders to work with . .  I am like a kid right now in a Candy store :) LOL I would LOVE to see you try darker skin, there is always lighter skin and I do not see enough of others used, so yes, would be great to see what you will do :) Thanks so much for taking your time to comment, share and help. I have been loosing sleep over KeyShot and ZBRush 4R, zemesher, dynamesh, list goes one . . . thx again for writing back :() davvero apprezzare !

alp

Work in progress - Using normal maps again for bump, will post more ones completely done with the texture file

thomasteger

PhilippeV8

Question: are you able to share a Keyshot package of such a setup ?  Being human head with skin ( preferably + hair) etc set up ?
What I'd like to do is .. well I'm making a setup "photography booth" in Keyshot.  To test the effects of certain setups for portrait photography.  In Keyshot is ideal that you can realy isolate the light coming from, say a strobe vs a soft box or umbrella.  Also various lighting positions etc can be tested.  At this time I'm using a 3D model from the sketchup library, but that's pretty flat with no skin material or translucency or reflective eyes etc etc.