how to create Blank Materials for my own material?

Started by syfer, April 01, 2014, 07:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syfer

I am some what confused with key shot 4 i have my materiel texture that is tillable.
How can i apply this tillable materiel to an empty materiel without losing any other materiel?
3d max has blank materiel  slots but key shot 4 has not got any blank ones so how are going to add our own materiel????
Can some help me.

thomasteger

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is an empty material?

You can always change the underlying material type. In KeyShot 5 you will be able to maintain textures and labels while changing the material by applying it from the library.

syfer

Hi see attachment im 3d max i would have to go to materiel editor in their all the materiel are empty and dont have any texture or anything in keyshot 4 i don't see this i don't see any empty materiel and i would like to know how would apply my textures to my model without editing an exiting materiel as you don't seem to have  empty materiel like 3d max so i am a bit confused.
What i need is a  empty materiel with no texture what so ever so that i can apply my own and also save it out in the liberty i have no idea on how to do this in keyshot 4.
Sorry if i am not clear i hope you understand know?

TpwUK

Whatever model you import, that has not been textured or assigned materials will have its constituent parts assigned a material name such as Object1 or whatever, it was modelled in a particular color then the material will be given as an RGB value or a name such as InitialShadingGroup . If you right click on a part in the real time preview, you can select edit material. From there you can assign it a base type such as glass, plastic, advanced etc. You can then use texture maps and diffuse maps and the like, set parameters like roughness and specular settings too.

You can also get to the material editor by double clicking the part.

Martin 

m2tts

You can change an existing material and then save it under a new name in a new folder if you want. There is no need for a "blank" material.