Keyshot help for the unemployed?

Started by MacMan397, September 03, 2010, 06:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMan397

I was just wondering if their were any Keyshot owners that might be willing to render models for an unemployed guy so he can get his reel together?  I just need to hit the reset button and start over, but a little Keyshot rendering would go a long way. 

MacMan397

Wow, I was hoping one or two people might have replied.  I'll continue modeling and hope for the best and continue to check here periodically.

rkulshrestha

I think you didnt get an answer because you didnt mention what software you use. If it is sketchup, perhaps I can help. Its also a question of the time involved. Rendering takes time and the camera view you may want is very subjective. Rendering takes a fair amount of time.
Shivani

MacMan397

Thank you for your offer Shivani I really appreciate it.  I'm actually using a combination of Maya, ZBrush and modo currently.  I can output to quite a few formats, but I'm thinking the most compatible might be FBX or OBJ files.  I know that rendering can be time consuming, but I guess my hope has been that with the time saving efficiencies Keyshot affords it would be significantly less of a burden than than most other rendering options.  In a perfect world I'd like to think that I could send a complete FBX scene file with Cameras, lights textures set and the only thing that might need tweaking would be materials.  I'm not sure if Keyshot currently supports FBX, but I would definitely love to see them implement the new Alembic Open source 3D interchange format that's been released.  Even for still renders it seems this file format will offer a lot of benefits over a lot of Import/Export formats currently available.

JAKiii

I'll help you out if I can.  PM me and I'll have you upload files to my server -
Jamie