Render Challenge (.ksp attached)

Started by Adam_M, April 22, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_M

Good day all,

After recently rendering out this aventador and having loads of fun with it. I've decided to share my .ksp file with anyone interested. I would like to have a fun competition with this model to see what others can come up with. We can have a poll or votes if anyone is interested.

I'm was thinking we could do: Best shot straight out of keyshot, Best shot with post processing work.

.ksp can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQPiS7ny-FGcjUza2RDZUFGZzA/edit?usp=sharing 

BIG THANKS TO FATEH MERRAD FOR HIS MODEL ON GRABCAD

Cheers!!!!!! And Happy Rendering!  8)

(This could also be a great tool for beginners to see how I've set up the scene, although I'm def not a pro)

edwardo

Esben Oxholm

Really nice, and great idea with the challenge. I'm on it.
Thanks for the .ksp.
This is my first car render and I had a lot of fun with it tonight. I start understand why so many are doing car renders.

Here is what I came up with:

Is it okay I post it here, or should I start my own thread for this challenge?

Adam_M

That's really good. I love the touch with the taillights and the headlights. Background works really well. Love the attitude this image gives off.

DriesV

Really nice entry, Esben!

Just trying out some stuff myself. I'll probably push this image a bit further...
I think it's interesting how the headlight reflection changes according to the level of 'submersion'. I think it's still a silly image though. :)
KeyShot screenshot.

Dries

Esben Oxholm

@Dries: Silly but nice :)

The water is really good looking I think. How did you do that?

DriesV

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on April 24, 2014, 04:28:52 AM
@Dries: Silly but nice :)

The water is really good looking I think. How did you do that?

Thanks!
Ripples are achieved through fractal noise (procedural) bump on ground material. IOR 1,85, roughness=0, white specular.

Dries

hugo

@Dries  How did you import 7 cars? The geometry file must be horrendously huge, or was it 1 car and 6 proxies?

TIA!

DriesV

Quote from: hugo on April 24, 2014, 06:04:19 AM
@Dries  How did you import 7 cars? The geometry file must be horrendously huge, or was it 1 car and 6 proxies?

TIA!

Ah, oops. I used patterned instances in KS5 beta. :)

Dries

Adam_M

I really like that image Dries, Maybe add a dramatic waterfall in the background?

Arian Shamil

Very nice challange :)

I've just KS4.......We have to use KS4 or KS5?

Adam_M

Quote from: Aripug on April 24, 2014, 07:53:12 AM
Very nice challange :)

I've just KS4.......We have to use KS4 or KS5?

Either one is fine. Most of us dont have access to KS5 yet.

Arian Shamil

ok, thank you for the info :)
Can we use any backplate?
Sorry for my english :)

DriesV

Here's my final (for now) image.

KS5 screenshot. No backplate. No post edits.

Dries