Render Challenge (.ksp attached)

Started by Adam_M, April 22, 2014, 10:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

Nice work Adam!

Anjocoy, artsy! Very cool! I think some could be worked just a little more to really get an exotic feel--matching/blurring up environments and background, adjusting contrast/brightness, working out some of the hot areas.

anjocoy

Thanks for the feedback Josh, to be honest these were pretty much rushed off today just to get the concept across, not happy with some aspects of the images myself, but It gets the idea out there.

John B

Been meaning to take a stab at this challenge for a little while. The shot isn't perfect but I'm fairly happy with how it turned out

guest2984

Quote from: Adam_M on May 14, 2014, 06:51:22 AM
Thanks Martin!

A couple more

I definetely prefer the one with the storms because these are too "color corrected" for my taste.
About the one with the storm i can see a some weird reflections on the windshield, like trees, probably due to the HDRI that doesn't exactly match the backplate.

guest2984

@John B

Nice idea! but imho the car is too dark in some parts and the black matte paint doesn't help.  :o

John B

Quote from: 0utsider on May 14, 2014, 10:38:00 PM
@John B

Nice idea! but imho the car is too dark in some parts and the black matte paint doesn't help.  :o

I'm really thinking I could push the image a lot further... was thinking about throwing some photograpy equipment into the scene for effect...
Honestly, I'm not too big a fan of matte paint jobs but I figured it was worth a shot to see how it came out

TpwUK

A couple of rebound brollies and three, maybe four tripods with flash units atop of them would look cool.

Martin

Adam_M

Quote from: 0utsider on May 14, 2014, 10:34:57 PM
Quote from: Adam_M on May 14, 2014, 06:51:22 AM
Thanks Martin!

A couple more

I definetely prefer the one with the storms because these are too "color corrected" for my taste.
About the one with the storm i can see a some weird reflections on the windshield, like trees, probably due to the HDRI that doesn't exactly match the backplate.

Yeah I saw that on the window once I finished the image. Its because of the HDRI I was using which makes it really stand out. The color corrected ones, are basically cross process in Lightroom. I'm still learning Photoshop CC and Lightroom.

@John B - I found a good looking matte paint if you use the metallic paint shader, then turn the clear coat refractiveness to 1, gives it a nice little sheen while still giving off the matte look.

anjocoy

Draped with a 'Romero Brito' artwork.....

guest2984

This thing of the street style paint is really COOL.  ;D

Rabe

K.  Been a while since I posted anything, but this was too good for me NOT to try out.  Fateh's models never disappoint.  So, these first couple are inspired by Deadmau5's Nyan Cat covered 458 Italia. 

John B

Added in some equipment, however I blurred the image due to some issues with the shadows (gonna have to take another look at the scene).
I still don't know if I should show a camera in the scene or just the lighting equipment... any ideas?

TpwUK

The camera in the scene is a little cliched now but they do still look good so the choice is yours on that one. You could add more weight to that kind of scene by adding a little desk/coffee table with more photography paraphernalia such as spare batteries, film cannisters, light meter memory cards etc etc. But if you do decide to go that path, make sure the camera you add is a good medium format studio camera :)

Martin Spencer-Ford

John B

Thanks Martin, I'll definitely play around with that idea  ;D I think it actually might not be too bad to leave it this way

TpwUK

QuoteI think it actually might not be too bad to leave it this way

Good choice John - The storyline has already been laid down in this scene. It's already a juicy studio shot, adding the camera will add very little to the story that the mindseye has not already perceived :)

QuoteThanks Martin, I'll definitely play around with that idea

Again a good choice, there is nothing wrong with adding depth to a scene, the more depth, the more reality, but then the more complex it becomes trying to keep things looking realistic.
To 'me' a good artist is always trying to push their limits and skills in order to improve and to extend those same personal boundaries. So get on in there, 'fill ya boots' and enjoy the ride, it is educational after all  ;)

Martin