Main Menu

Robot Tech!

Started by Chris Rosewarne, April 23, 2014, 10:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Rosewarne

Hi everyone, I'm still a newbie with Keyshot but picking it up fast, its revolutionised my SketchUp modelling and of course, output! Posting some of my recent work here, I work in film so I often paint up the renders to give some context and drama... I've recently experimented with using a photo backplate and trying to use a HDRI with similar lighting with the military bot

Hope you like them and I'd love to hear any thoughts

Thanks

Chris

Esben Oxholm

Impressive work and a great eye for detail! Love the color "damages" on the gun muzzels.

Your renderings with backplates are truly great. Looks like stills taken out of a movie. The operating robot with the blood on is scary as hell!
I'm inspired by the dynamic and "cinematic" feel. Thanks :)

Speedster

A "newbie"?  Good God, we're all in trouble!  Good work, and keep them coming!
Bill G

Chris Rosewarne

Thanks guys!! :)

I can't believe I was struggling with the Podium renderer for SketchUp for so long, it's been a real game changer for me and made me push the SketchUp models as its so rewarding when you start dropping those materials on!!  Already thinking of what to do next.... I do love me some tech so something with pistons and machined metal parts... ;)

There's more on my blog here including grabs of the raw sketchup models... chrisrosewarne.blogspot.co.uk

I've been approached by Digital Tutors so may do a vid at some point in the near future...

Chris

HLeandre

crazybird

Post this robots after my solar panel shit robot is a low blow hahahaha

Congratulations, great job!

Josh3D

Welcome! You already know I love your work Chris! Thanks for sharing on the forum as well. SO looking forward to seeing more!

DriesV

Incredible!
Welcome to the KS gang. ;)

Dries

TpwUK

Holy sh!t Chris - Me thinks KeyShot likes you. Even the backplate renders look dramatic. The 'on location' shots are just so well composed to be believable, especially the ship one, but that surgical bot oozes quality cinematic rendering with so much drama from a still shot - I am flabberghasted and greatly impressed.

Martin

Chris Rosewarne

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome and kind words!! Its very motivating and makes those late night modelling and rendering sessions worth it.....! :)

Martin - thanks, the surgical bot is still my fave I think, I love the Bjork video "All is full of Love" that Chris Cunningham did so it was a little homage to him.... For the "film still" quality I've found that running a Photoshop radial blur filter set to 1% and focus on the center of the image just knocks out the edges with some movement and DOF,  gives some dynamics to the shot, then a noise filter set to overlay for the film grain.....

Thanks again, more soon! :)

Chris

Skint

Some of the best stuff I have seen on this forum... ever!   Fantastic stuff.

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Chris Rosewarne on April 23, 2014, 11:27:01 PM
For the "film still" quality I've found that running a Photoshop radial blur filter set to 1% and focus on the center of the image just knocks out the edges with some movement and DOF,  gives some dynamics to the shot, then a noise filter set to overlay for the film grain.....

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that soon  :)

edwardo

these are all mind blowing!  :o

CAClark

Mmmmm those are some pretty nice pieces and no mistake. Colour me impressed!

Cheers!

Chris Rosewarne

Thanks :) I'm inspired to start on the next one! I'm thinking possibly a submersible ROV, glossy fiberglass body, lots of lenses and camera equipment, robotic arms.... Anyone know if there are some underwater HDRIs out there?

Cheers

Chris