silent installer

Started by juntunea, April 30, 2014, 07:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juntunea

I searched the forums for "silent install", but I only found wishlist postings from 2010-2011 that said it would be available in version 3 of keyshot.  We just purchased our first license of keyshot and it's version 4, so I assume there is a silent install available.  The only thing I can't find is the instructions for how to use it.  I did a full install and found a user manual, but it didn't mention silent install.

can anyone point me to "silent install" instructions? 

thanks

adam

Ruckus

This is the command line that I have scripted around:

keyshot_floating_w64_4.3.18.exe /S "/USERNAME=X" "/FLEXLM=Y"

where X is the path of your Keyshot4 content folder, and Y is your license server information in the form: port@server

juntunea

Thanks, that almost gets me there.  i'm a total noob, so i'm not sure what the "Keyshot4 content folder" is?  can you give an example?

Ruckus

When you run the installer it will also create a folder structure that contains all the materials, environments, etc.
I think it puts them in  C:\users\public\documents\KeyShot 4    by default.

juntunea

I have another question.  do you know what option will install for all users? 

Ruckus

There is no command line argument for that - any user will be able to access the program.  The location of the content folder determines whether all users, or one, can access the content that will enable KeyShot to function normally.  (C:\users\Joe\...  vs.  C:\users\public\...)

juntunea

If I run this command after the install command, then it changes it from a "current user only" to an "all user" installation
xcopy /e "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\KeyShot4 64 Floating" "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\"

Ruckus

Today I tried using the silent installer with KS-5.  Found a few new problems related to locations & permissions.  I have contacted Support@Luxion.com, and I am waiting for a new list (I hope) of command line options.

DonChunior

Great, Ruckus! Please keep us up to date ...

Brandon Davis

The silent installer switches have not changed in KeyShot 5. I've included the switches below as well as an example. I hope this helps.

The KeyShot Floating Installer takes the following arguments:
/S - for a silent installation
/AllUsers - installs for all users with shortcuts in start menu
"/USERNAME=somepath" - for changing the destination folder for the KeyShot contents
"/FLEXLM=27000@myserver" - for setting the FlexLM server name
"/D=C:\Program Files\KeyShot5" - for setting the destination. This must be place at the end of the command

Example:
keyshot_floating_w64_5.x.x.exe /S "/USERNAME=C:\Users\Luxion\Documents" "/
FLEXLM=27000@myserver" "/D=C:\Program Files\KeyShot5"

Unattended Uninstall:
C:\Program Files\KeyShot4\uninst.exe /S _?=C:\Program Files\KeyShot5

// Brandon

Ruckus

Thanks for the list Brandon.  I was not aware of the   /AllUsers   option.   I will give that a try.

Ruckus

The   /AllUsers   paramter fixed the problems I was having.   Thanks Brandon!

For the rest of you watching this thread, here is the full command line I am using:
start /wait keyshot_floating_w64_5.0.80.exe /S /AllUsers "/USERNAME=e:" "/FLEXLM=___"
you will need to substitute your server name (or names) for the ___

It should be noted that in KS4 all of the content & other program files went into the KeyShot 4 folder.  In KS5, only the Content goes into the KeyShot 5 folder, and the other program files go under Public Documents.  The AllUsers parameter keeps the other program files out of the C:\Windows\system32\...   folder that is giving people problems.  Maybe the following screen capture will make that clearer.

nadsys

Hello,

im trying to silently install keyshot 4.4.7 64bit. 

From this thread i tried the following:
keyshot.exe /S /AllUsers "/USERNAME=c:\Program Files\KeyShot4 Network Rendering" "/FLEXLM=4568@10.255.48.29" "/D=c:\Program Files\KeyShot4 Network Resources"

The program installed, it seems to have taken the "username" argument but not the FLEXLM or D arguments. I would also like to specify how many cores it should use.

Can anyone offer any assistance.

thank you

Neil

Ruckus

Neil, all those options apply to the KeyShot application installer.  Network rendering should be much simpler.

This is the command line I used for NR4.4.7:
     keyshot_network_setup_w64_4.4.7.exe /S

Ruckus

It sounds like you might be confusing KeyShot application with the Network Rendering system.  Think of them as 2 separate things.  Install KS on the end user machines, then install NR on the machines you want to use as render slaves.