Testing Architectural Render

Started by ben10, September 08, 2010, 09:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben10

here's another exercise with keyshot in architectural field

JeffM

magnumpi

This is one thing where keyshot is still a bit weak in my opinion. I do use it for rendering exhibitions stands which is kind of architectural and as those don't have to be super realistic it works awesome for me (a lot faster than 3d max as I don't have to bother with lights and results are good) but for anything more serious it still needs some improvements. I am sure it will get there eventually as KS team does impressive things to this "little" program. Maybe there could be something similar to keyshot but made specifically for arch. exterior and interior rendering. Same bullet fast but different interface, cameras, additional lights etc which would produce realistic images.

KeyShot

You are right magnumpi. We do have something planned that will address architectural lighting. Under the hood we already support all the different lights including ies lights, sky lights, spot lights, area lights etc. All we need to do is figure out how to best expose them inside KeyShot.

-- Henrik

ben10

one certainly locking in this is sss....i know it will be available in 2.1

ben10

one thing that is fast in keyshot is material creatiion and light setup and that's it...it's unbeatable in speed just few clicks and you have nice materials....btw i've used realtime render in here not the offline render...any news on saving screenshot in high res?

KeyShot

Yes, 2.1 will also support using the realtime renderer for offline rendering at any given resolution. This guarantees that the rendered image matches the realtime output.

-- Henrik

Richman

-Henrik

Roll out these hidden under the hood features.   We are itching to get our hands on them.  Or even beta test them. 

Best,
Josh

KeyShot

Josh,

We will do that ;) We are being careful not to make KeyShot too confusing by adding too many options in the interface. That being said we have a lot of new developments in the pipeline...

-- Henrik

jbeau

Heard through the grapevine that something was brewing. Any timelines on this? Need a beta tester? If got tons of photorealistic datasets ready to be plugged in.

Richman

If you need a beta tester.  At your service! Count me in ;D