Ferrari F12 nightshot

Started by Adam_M, May 19, 2014, 07:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_M

Recent render of a F12 I've done.

HDRI and backplate from HDRI4you

guest2984

Hi Adam.
Imho car paint is too much grainy and noisy.
Try to make it smooth and i'm sure you'll get better results.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Awesome backplate, and awesome model. Renderingwise also good, but as 0utsider mentioned, the paint looks a bit noisy. Could it be the flake size that is too big? On another note; you've got a white line that runs along the silhouette from from the rear right tire and underneath. I remember I've had som issues with this as well, but I don't remember if I was able to fix it. Perhaps tweak the contrast/brightness in the environment or settings?

Also: The exhaust pipes kinda looks like lights to me right now. Perhaps play with the material  or environment a bit to get a darker area inside.

Adam_M

The paint is metallic, and the flake visibility is turned down to 0 but the harsh lighting from the HDRI still shows the flake. I may have to go away from using metallic paint, or tweak the two colors.

I've rendered another version and played with some presets from Lightroom. Which one do you guys like best?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Ooh, that's much better! I don't think I can decide, although I did stare a bit longer at the 2nd b&w shot. I'd call for a tie between 2 and 3.

Adam_M

Quote from: MagnusS on May 20, 2014, 10:10:54 AM
Ooh, that's much better! I don't think I can decide, although I did stare a bit longer at the 2nd b&w shot. I'd call for a tie between 2 and 3.

The black and white was my favorite as well. Really sets the tone for the image I think

SergioBL

you are doing it great!! the last image is may fav!! cheers!!