Keyshot seems to be distorting my ArtCam models?

Started by AimeeWinstone, May 22, 2014, 06:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AimeeWinstone

Hello,

Our company has just upgraded our ArtCam Jewelsmith package where Keyshot is included in the package. We predominantly create fitted wedding rings to go around engagement rings. I have noticed that the keyshot renderings never fit next to an image of the engagement ring whereas the Jewelsmith rendering fit fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I maybe doing wrong or I could improve on?

Thank you
Aimee

JonWelch

Aimee, I'm no expert, but let me see if I can help.

It sounds as if you have an image of an engagement ring, and then are using Keyshot to render a fitted wedding ring model that matches that picture?

The first thing I would suggest is to use the image of the engagement ring as a Backplate in Keyshot. That way you can see the image and the model at the same time. Then I would use the Perspective Slider to alter the angle/perspective to match and "Fit" the model into the image of the Engagement ring. The Perspective Slider can be found under the Camera Tab. I do stuff like this on a daily basis so that's why this is the first solution I thought of.

Good Luck

AimeeWinstone

Hello JonWelch

Thanks for those suggestions. I have actually found that using Orthographic mode rather than Perspective mode it sorts the problem out.
I quite like the idea of loading the photo of the engagement ring into KeyShot too so I will be trying that. I have only been using it for a few weeks so what I have done is very basic.

Thanks again
Aimee

JonWelch

Perfect! Glad to hear you solved your problem.