Light Studio Issues...?

Started by DarkEdge, July 24, 2014, 08:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkEdge

I have key shot open and an obj is on the scene, when I open Light Studio/Render/Host and click on KeyShot and then LightPaint...it isn't being referenced back to KeyShot??? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or is this just buggy?

Rex

Hey DarkEdge,

It's working fine for me.

1. What version of KeyShot are you using?

2. What version of HDR Light Studio are you using?

3. Are you opening HDR Light Studio through KeyShot's Environment tab or as the standalone application?

Rex

DarkEdge

I thanks for replying.
Keyshot 5
LightStudio 4

I'm following a tutorial I saw and am going through LightStudio Render/Host/KeyShot tabs but with no success.
Can you please explain to me how you are getting the two synced up through Keyshot? And when you say Environment are you talking Project or Library?

Rex

Can you post a link to the tutorial?

Under Preferences>Plugins make sure the HDR Light Studio plugin is enabled. Now when you click on the Edit HDRI thumbnail in the project>environment tab it should give you an option to launch HDR Light Studio.

Let me know if this works.

DarkEdge

Nice, that was too easy...the way it's supposed to be. Thank you so much. While I have you I am noticing that the lighting strength and reflections in KeyShot aren't quite similar to that in LightStudio so I am adjusting the Project/Environment/Brightness slider to about 2.2. Does that sound about right or should I be altering something else?

Rex

Are you comparing KeyShot to what you're seeing in the standalone HDR Light Studio application? Or is there a preview window in HDR Light Studio Live V4? (I'm currently running V3)

DarkEdge

It's a live preview from LightStudio.
So ks1 (attached) is from KeyShot and ks2 is from Light Studio, to me it's a big disparity between the two (these are default vales)...I would like to make them match up a bit more.