Updating old .bip projects- "TENMILE"

Started by Speedster, September 14, 2010, 12:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Hi all;

Your'e probably getting tired of my posts, but, hey- we appreciate and learn a lot from each other.  As you know I offer prints of many of my projects on our website, and in galleries.  I was looking at my TENMILE (the name of the loco) 10" x 16" print done in "oldShot" and realized it was pretty crappy compared to what I can do today with KeyShot2.  Also, this was a tough one to print properly.

So, here she is again, all spiffed up in KS2.  Backplate from CG-Textures, heavily tweaked.  HDR is the new Alaskan Forest.  I added a subtle warming layer over the loco in Photoshop to draw the colors into harmony.

I know, she's really clean- way too clean.  This will be my first attempt at painting and texturing in Photoshop, of which I have no clue, but it will be useful to learn.  That said, locomotives in the mid to late 19th Century were kept really clean- the shop or road foreman would inspect them with white gloves, and any dirt the wiperboy missed would usually result in severe reprimands or dismissal.  Of course, wipers were young, usually 10-14, trying to work their way up into full employment, so they were careful.

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

guest84672

It looks great, as always! The bloom effect in 2.1 will give the subtle effect of making the image a bit softer, hence more real.