Main Menu

Phones

Started by edwardo, February 24, 2014, 07:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edwardo

Hello, recently iv been working on a little electronic device that requires headphones. I needed some phones to pop in the background of some shots of this device so last night set about modelling a pair I own.

Im posting this not as an amazing shot really, just because I'm amazed i got this within 6 minutes of importing it into keyshot!

more shots to follow... hopefully they'll get progressively more 'amazing"

thanks
Ed

edwardo

A close up...
used rhino then zbrush to model the foam filled pads - though they don't look this 'firm' in reality. i'll maybe give them another crack sometime.

Still just using the startup hdri, not even got into custom lighting it

Ed

EGON

I know . Amazing isn't it! Nice work.

edwardo

HLeandre

Great detail. The logo is floating.

TpwUK

I am liking the way this is going, it shows great promise ... Just watch the text distance from the earphone cup, the shadows are saying it a long distance from the cup

Martin

edwardo

Quote from: TpwUK on February 24, 2014, 11:41:12 AM
I am liking the way this is going, it shows great promise ... Just watch the text distance from the earphone cup, the shadows are saying it a long distance from the cup

Martin

Thanks man. Yea, I think I'll cut the logo into the geometry, I want more material option than a label can give me. The floating offset surface thing looks ok from a distance, but is not working in close ups.

Cheers
Ed

edwardo

a bit o green

DriesV

Very nice model!

Looking at the green version is making me a bit sick though...
I think the strong bloom and DOF are the culprits.

My eyes are trying to focus on both ear cups at once.
DOES-NOT-COMPUTE... (imagine a computer voice saying this) :)

Dries

edwardo

yea, i know what you mean Dries. Im a sucka for the bloom effect. To be honest I'm so tired right now i can't really tell what is bloom and DOF, and what is just tired eyes. I don't think my eyesight justifies my new retina display TBH  :-\