my obj from zbrush is missing parts/subtools when imported to KS

Started by dparcell87, June 03, 2014, 10:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dparcell87

Hey guys I need help bad here. I have project I have to get finished and tried the new zproject importer in Keyshot and it says it has no geometry then I tried the old way of  using decimation mast and export all subtools   and everytime I have the same three pieces missing!  Real frustrating and wondering if anyone could help.  I can send you my Obj if you are a part of the Keyshot team as I  trust you with .   Please any help appreciated! 

TpwUK

I am new to using Zbrush, but i export sub tools as their own OBJ and then import the main OBJ in KS, bring each new part in there after as:  Add geometry to scene, keep original for location, and same scale as last import. Now in KS with all your sub parts selected, drag and drop them onto the main part, this will 'join' your model back to a single hierarchy but destroys live linking, but we're not worried about that are we ? You will then be able to move all parts at the same time, should you need too.

Martin

dparcell87

yeah that would work for me if I didn't a mech that consists of a ton of subtools and would take for ever. to import each individual subtool   is that what you mean?  I don't get why it is doing this one of the parts is a mirrored piece out of zbrush where the other side is there. so weird maybe explain more in depth what I should do to bring those missing parts in.  thanks for the quick reply

dparcell87

TpwUK

Cool - I am still working my multipart snail, so i might be back picking your brains later :P

Martin