Main Menu

''Videogame'' Gun

Started by crazybird, June 09, 2014, 10:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazybird

Hi guys!

This is my last model with Maya from the serie of tutorials for beginners.
I hope you like it and you can make good critics to improve it.
The first two renders are with niquel material and changing a bit the color.

The third one is with a medium translucent material.

and these ones are adding some granite texture as a colour and modifying a bit the values.

Josh3D

Nice. The second one is interesting with that ground textures. Shame it's so dark though, because there's some great detail on the grip. The grip would also look good in wood or leather, or with a wrapped leather look!

Josh

Rex

Nice looking model. Try using some textures for a "distressed" look. maybe the new "Scratches" procedural?

crazybird

I will add some more detail to it and try that stuff and the leather hander... I will try to model some seams, will see.

crazybird

Low size image but it's the first one, (a good option for next keyshot, could be the possibility to modify the settings of the files after you put them in the render list).

Rex

Looking good with the texturing! Are you using ground reflections or a ground plane? The reflection could use some roughness as it is a little distracting from the actual model.

crazybird

I used ground reflexion... but the point is that I'm horrible with PS for post production... and I can not improve anything the image that I get from KS...
I have this others renders...