Main Menu

The Green Man

Started by Andyjonescreative, June 11, 2014, 08:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyjonescreative

A concept that I've tried many times since I was little.  My dad always used to tell me the story and then express how all the classic sculptures made the Green man look like a pansy.

side note: Thanks to TpwUK for the suggest on the "embers".  It took a bit of fiddling to get working.  Ill post some shots of the build maybe will help someone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Man

These I tried to use a couple of softboxes for lights.  Although it did work , it took forever to render.  Not sure if its worth it. fun to try.

thomasteger

Very lovely. I still wonder what goes on inside all your guys' heads ... :-)

HLeandre

Rex

My favorite is the front view! I can feel the pain!

TpwUK

Turned out grate Andy, those embers turned out pretty well ... Maybe a little more bloom fuzziness to them, might be a PS job

Martin

Josh3D

Ohhhhhh yes. This is just perfect. Can wait to see the build shots. You should add some on the rendering as well!

Skint

Awesome character design!

Despot

Absolutely beautiful Andy -  this is from my childhood as well....

Wonderful ZBrush sculpt

J

edwardo

what a great realisation of the green man this is - very chris nolan / guilmo del toro esque. Not much foliage on him though. maybe this is the green man in the depths of winter?

Agree with Rex, my favourite is the front shot

lovely stuff
Ed

Dreamsmith

Treemendous! Awesome how you set up the infinity curve and the lights like a real studio! Without any crew! The detail in the sculpt rocks with the mushrooms and the bark. Cant wait to see him all painted up!
Hey if he wore sunglasses I bet they would be oakleys. Ha HA .The clavicle twigs are also cool!

Best

J

feher

This is just wicked !!! I have nothing to say except for GREAT work !! The modeling and presentation is top notch.
Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see more of your work.
Tim

Chris Rosewarne

Beautiful sculpt!!!! Really gorgeous to detail to look at!