Viewset brightness Issue

Started by eddiemg, June 18, 2014, 11:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiemg

When I switch viewsets, the brightness of my realtime window becomes white, and overexposed, and I can hardly see my model. I'm using only viewsets -- no cameras -- and about 10 of them, and my environment is a custom HDRI editor pins on black image. The way I've been fixing the brightness issue is opening the HDRI editor and closing it, that seems to reset the brightness to my chosen state.  Anyone have experience with this?

Rex

Viewsets save Camera and Environment settings together. If one of your viewsets has the environment brightness saved to a higher value it will display this in the realtime view when you switch to it. Is this the case? Since you have the Pro version I would recommend keeping your environment brightness and contrast set to 1 and make necessary adjustments in the hdri editor.

eddiemg

Thanks for the reply. It's a bit more complicated. Each of my viewsets has a different environment rotation, height, and sometimes brightness, and contrast. The problem is more like a glitch in keyshot that I'm trying to resolve, that is extremely stressful and is causing viewsets to be more work than they're even worth...almost everytime I swtich viewsets, the realtime view for some reason becomes completely overexposed, white-washed, as-if someone dialed the brightness to 5000, and I have to simply open and close my HDRI editor to make the glitch go away.

Rex

If you open the log does it show any critical errors for missing environments?

Please save a package and send the .ksp to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com so I can take a look at it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.