eta time and back word compatible 5 to 4 ect

Started by syfer, June 23, 2014, 02:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syfer

Hi well I would like to see eta time. It seems to be missing.
Also I would like to see compatible of backward compatible to older version as well.
I found that going to v5 I can not open v5 file in v4 and this is NIGHTMARE.
I have to re do all  my work again and this would be a good help me be even have save as then pick which verion you want to save in v4,v5,v6 ect.
Please consider this.

TpwUK

I'll give you a +1 on the ETA, but if i remember rightly, it is given when you are setting the animation parameters (if that's the ETA you are referring to ?)

The other request you make is nonsensical i'm afraid. Version 4 going into v5 should be ok, but doing V5 back into v4 is a different beast path, version 5 has introduced so many new features that v4 can not do that it would be an impossible task ... sorry

Martin

edwardo

I would agree that an "export as V4 bip" would be a handy thing for anyone using multiple versions between home and work, or if they have to pass on work done in V5 to a colleague with V4 etc etc. Obviously all the new V5 specific features couldn't be saved and a popup warning window would need to be implemented.

Not a feature I would use a lot as I work on my own, but in general I think it would be handy for some. Just my tcw

TpwUK

Good thinking Edwardo ... There's a +1 for that idea

Martin