Stainless Steel Worm Box

Started by Chad Holton, September 21, 2010, 01:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkulshrestha

Jhiker - Just add water  :D

Shivani

Speedster

If you look at real drops of water they don't really cast shadows.  With the shadows they look here more like molten metal resulting from a 100,000 RPM gearbox- hate it when that happens!
Bill G

NormanHadley

@cholton Really like the water. I've had a go with it but only en masse, with a conrod emerging Excalibur-style.

Chad Holton

Thanks guys for the comments/critiques! I'm still hesitant on using fluid because I don't want it to look like it sprung a leak or overheated causing molten metal  :-\  I may give it another go though however if time permits adding water to more of the ground plane (so it's not just under the unit) and on the feet and top of the unit as Ed recommends.

jhiker -  water was created with Blender's fluid simulator. Showing a low res fluid for a couple of reasons; wasn't sure if I was going to use fluid so I didn't want to spend much time generating it and the computer creating the simulation doesn't have enough RAM to pull off much of a larger resolution.

NormanHadley - thanks! Nice!

Chad Holton

One manager liked the water and one didn't. So I'm making both. Here's the one without water...

guest84672

... and I am sure there was a third manager that said "WTF are you doing rendering images?" ... ;-)