Plastic materials plus scene/environment/camera settings

Started by proe-warsztat, July 02, 2014, 11:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proe-warsztat

Hello to all

I am fresh to keyshot. This week I downloaded trial version to play with it and render a scene as on attached picture.

I want to know how could I increase the quality of the rendered picture?

So far I used following conditions:

* Black Polypropylen parts : ordinary Plastic > Hard > Rough Black material

* Red Polypropylen parts : ordinary Plastic > Hard > Rough Black material > red color comes from applied texture

* Aluminum handle > ordinary Aluminum > Textured > Aluminum Brushed material

* Dimmed cover > Glass > Basic > Grey

* Environmnet > Overhead Panel Soft Spots Low 2k

I want to achieve realism close to picture of real product that I could use in catalogue.

Please refer to my render and suggest possible improvements.

Rex

Welcome to KeyShot!

Perhaps use some Mold-Tech materials for the plastic parts to give them some texture. Also make sure Global illumination is enabled so light is able to penetrate the cover. Thanks for sharing!

proe-warsztat

thx Rex

I am testing the trial version of Keyshot.

I tried to run embeded Hdri editor, but it is grey out under Environment menu to play with lightning.

In general I am interested in product rendrings, the ones I can use later in product catalogue.

So if you guys have any advice what kind of lightning environemnt should I use I wll be very greatfull.

plus what would be the best metarial settings for:

* PP

* PC

* rubber

Rex

Have you taken a look at the resources on KeyShot Cloud? search @driesv for some high quality plastic materials including PP and PC. For rubber, just search the Library for the stock rubber and use that as a starting point. Environments are all about trial and error and finding what works best for your scene. I recommend trying out the "light tent" and "panels" environments that come included in the Library. Remember that you can rotate the environment by holding ctrl and dragging with the left mouse button.

Rex