Keyshot Render Farm

Started by Robb63, July 03, 2014, 06:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I thought I would share my experience using a render farm for Keyshot in case any others find themselves in the same boat as me.

I was creating an animation for a client, which kept getting more and more involved (and of course the deadline wasn't changing). Once i had approval, I figured it was going to take just a little over 8 hours for my BOXX to render the animation, so I set it up to run overnight. The next morning it was only about 60% finished, as I forgot to take into account that when the assembly exploded to reveal the interior parts the render time would increase!!!
I couldn't let the animation finish as I had two shorter animations to deliver that day, so I had to kill it.

I knew i was going to have find a render farm to bail me out. I Googled for a bit and couldn't find any farms that supported Keyshot. I thought I remembered reading a bit on these forums about farms, so I searched here and found a thread that involved "3D Of The Page" 3dotp.com
I was desperate so I sent Steve an email explaining my situation. Steve asked me to send him a ksp of the animation. About 15 mins later he sent back about 6 frames of the animation for me to check if they looked right. He said it was only going to take about 1.5 hours for his farm to render the whole thing, so I pulled the trigger. In less than the hour and a half he projected, the rendered frames were up on Dropbox for me to download. I was very impressed!! I was able to deliver the three animations I promised my client by the deadline.

I'm not sure if plugging a company is allowed on these forums or not, but Steve seems like a good guy and I figure if anyone is helping out the Keyshot community they deserve a shout out!

Josh3D

Thanks Robb. Great to hear, and we can vouch for Steve and the team at 3DOTP.

Namssorg

We just used 3DOTP for the first time, and I can second Robb's experience.  We needed a quick turnaround for a fairly complex animated scene.  Steve was friendly, professional, and all of our frames were waiting for me on dropbox when I came into the office this morning.  Completely eliminated any downtime from our workflow!

Nils Piirma

I'm actually Building a 120 core based render farm, if anyone want's my services on an agreed price, let me know

de49192

I used 3DOTP a few weeks ago and my experience with them was great.  I was working on my thesis for an Masters of Industrial Design program and needed a animation rendered.  I contacted Steve on a Friday afternoon and they were able to get my animation in over the weekend and delivered it Monday Morning.  The process was really easy, the results were fantastic and the prices are very good.... Overall my experience with them was great and I would definitely recommend checking them out if you need a animation or rendering done.  The animation they helped me with really took my presentation to the next level and I could not have done it without their help.