little bird got an upgrade

Started by Angelo, July 05, 2014, 08:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

made this in rhino+keyshot

HaroldL

Angelo,
That a nice looking gunship, must have taken a few hours to make it.

If you allow me to nit-pick a little... In the close up image (helicopter.43.jpg) showing the bolts you have no wrench clearance, unless the hex head bolts are fitted into hex shaped recesses there is no way to put a wrench or socket on the bolt. Otherwise a change hex head to socket head cap screws or bolts would be more realistic.

What is going on with the two fasteners on the side of the blade attachment? it looks like only the threads are rendered so you have both internal and external threads shown.

Harold

Angelo

Quote from: HaroldL on July 05, 2014, 02:06:51 PM
Angelo,
That a nice looking gunship, must have taken a few hours to make it.

If you allow me to nit-pick a little... In the close up image (helicopter.43.jpg) showing the bolts you have no wrench clearance, unless the hex head bolts are fitted into hex shaped recesses there is no way to put a wrench or socket on the bolt. Otherwise a change hex head to socket head cap screws or bolts would be more realistic.

What is going on with the two fasteners on the side of the blade attachment? it looks like only the threads are rendered so you have both internal and external threads shown.

Harold

yeah i know i forgot to mention that this is not suppose to be real its from a black hawk rotor but with my touch to it, i am just a hobbyist that likes rhinoceros 3d modelling, rotor took around a week to produce after work chill :)

Despot

Well I don't care about the technical inaccuracies... I think it's a wonderful piece of modelling and really nice renders

J

TpwUK

I am with J on this one :)

Outstanding Rhino skills, there maybe parts missing but when taking the whole into account it's obvious that adding those parts is not beyond you. The composition between background and model is good too. so it's like a 9/10 from here

Martin

Angelo

couldnt send the link with youtube thing so posted on animations instead

Angelo

heres more

Angelo

Angelo

just some early tests and angles

Josh3D

Good job, but feels a little hot in a few areas. That the look you're going for?

Angelo

these are first test renders so they dont have much tweaked, but have different angles so thought id post them aswell, but it is a hot helicopter so its the right color lol

Angelo

Quote from: threedyart on September 13, 2014, 02:15:14 AM
good work, great modeling
thnx man, would like to render some more but school is taking up time :/