Sponge cake texture

Started by number12, June 30, 2014, 05:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

number12

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the best way to make a sponge texture, sponge that is like a cake not a bathroom sponge.

Would be REALLY grateful if you could help at all.

TIA...

Rex

Have you tried using KeyShot 5's new Cellular Procedural texture? This will probably give you the closest results. The problem is that this type of material has many cavities and crevices that would require displacement mapping to achieve.

Here is a chocolate cake posted by Marco in which all the texturing was scultped in ZBrush: https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,5803.msg26240.html#msg26240 

number12

Thanks for your reply Rex. Yeah I did wonder, we have tried some procedural stuff without too much success. I also looked at the link and whilst I think the images were great, I felt the sponge looked a little too "tough" maybe. It is proving tough this but if it's doable we'd be really interested to hear from some of you guys as you make some incredible stuff!  8)

br3ttman

Would the KeyShot team ever consider adding displacement map functionality?  That'd sure be a nice add-in for those of us using some of the more common CAD engineering programs.  ;)