Lock Camera without first saving a camera or viewset

Started by Speedster, July 16, 2014, 11:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

I sure miss the ability to lock the camera without first having to save a camera or viewset.  There are many times when you just want to lock a certain view for lighting adjusts and the like and not risk moving things around.  It would also simplify the camera tree.
Bill G

jeffw

I agree.

Also why was the camera lock icon dropped from the view window? That was a nice feature because when you open a file you immediately could see if the camera was locked. In KS5 you have to be in the camera tab to see if it is locked.

A key command for camera lock would also be nice. In fact the ability to assign your own key commands like Photoshop has would be even better.

Rex

Quote from: jeffw on July 17, 2014, 07:09:19 AM
I agree.

Also why was the camera lock icon dropped from the view window? That was a nice feature because when you open a file you immediately could see if the camera was locked. In KS5 you have to be in the camera tab to see if it is locked.

A key command for camera lock would also be nice. In fact the ability to assign your own key commands like Photoshop has would be even better.

Lock your current camera by clicking the camera lock icon in the ribbon. There is no need to save a camera or viewset first. The ribbon now identifies if the camera is locked. If the ribbon is not shown then the icon appears in the realtime view. Custom hotkeys will be in a future version.

Speedster

QuoteLock your current camera by clicking the camera lock icon in the ribbon.
Duh!  My mom used to say "When in doubt follow instructions"...
Bill G