how remove light spots?

Started by rfollett, July 08, 2014, 11:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfollett

I am getting tiny white dots on render when working with Area light diffuse .

The ceiling material is plastic.. What setting can I change to get rid of spots?

The render time is also very long!

rfollett

more dots!

Despot

This is easily fixed... just check the 'remove annoying bright sparkly thingies' box in the settings menu and everything should be hunky dory...

rfollett

Despot

Increase samples for your area light might help, also turn off global illumination...

I have found that these steps help. Also increasing material samples helps also.

Worst case scenario... remove in post

J

rfollett

evilmaul

I thought this problem was fixed in v5?!

not yet?! :/

Justin Desilva

Windows 7 64
KeyShot 5.2.10
SolidWorks 2013

My renderings were suffering from a similar problem when using the "Area Light 100W Neutral" at 0.00001 watts. (I'm not sure why I have to adjust the watts this low but this will remain a separate discussion.)

Regarding the white spots and pixels, my scenes include a variety of materials and experimenting and modifying each material would require a lot of time and I'm still not certain if "all" white spots would be removed. When experimenting with the illumination settings I discovered turning off "Visible in reflections" removed all white spots from the renderings. This may or may not work for your scenes but it did with mine.