Printed PLA in "What's New" video

Started by Arn, July 14, 2014, 05:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn

Hello there!

In the Keyshot 5 "What's New" video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwSGnma_70) at about the 5:15 mark there is shown a blue PLA like material. I cannot seem to find it on the internet or in the Cloud.

Where can I get this material?

Rex

Just posted to KeyShot Cloud as True Blue PLA.

Hope you like it!

Arn

Very much! This is great, thanks. It is not a quick material to render, but I noticed I need to do some tweaks anyway - so that might improve.

Rex

Quote from: Arn on July 14, 2014, 12:43:30 PM
Very much! This is great, thanks. It is not a quick material to render, but I noticed I need to do some tweaks anyway - so that might improve.

In general the procedural textures will take longer to render than texture maps.

Arn

Quote from: Rex on July 14, 2014, 12:45:53 PM
In general the procedural textures will take longer to render than texture maps.
I understand and I guess that makes sense. If I compare my performance with the standard benchmark on equal hardware the performance seems down a bit too. I will try to find out what the problem is, but I think that is beyond the scope of this thread.

Again, thanks for the quick reply, this material is ideal for Ultimaker type renders. Some quick adjusting of the color and specular gives any color needed.