Replicating a Keyshot Render With Maya and Mental Ray

Started by SteveTalkowski, July 11, 2014, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTalkowski

Someone was bound to ask. ;)

So, I am totally digging using Keyshot to create my concept stills.  However, there is a need to be able to recreate this inside Maya and Mental way when it comes time for character animation and integrating within an animation pipeline.  I've tried a few tests exporting Alembic Cache and FBX from Maya to Keyshot with limited results.

Has anyone delved into this at some point?  It's a legitimate concern.

I am looking forward to the day when I can select Keyshot as an option under "Render using:"  :)

-Steve

Despot

+1

I agree wholeheartedly Steve, I'm dying to render my Realflow fluid/soft body/rigid body sims in KeyShot.

It would be interesting to know how you were able to use Alembic Cache data inside of KS. At the moment I've only had good results using .FBX (position/scale/rotation only though)

J

SteveTalkowski

I, too, have gotten FBX over (T/R/S only) and just did another test with Alembic Cache, but am unable to get deformable geometry to import.

Can anyone from Luxion confirm if Keyshot can read in deformable geo via Alembic Cache?  If so, what settings do I need to use when exporting from Maya 2015?

Thanks!

-Steve

Rex

Quote from: SteveTalkowski on July 14, 2014, 03:30:44 PM
I, too, have gotten FBX over (T/R/S only) and just did another test with Alembic Cache, but am unable to get deformable geometry to import.

Can anyone from Luxion confirm if Keyshot can read in deformable geo via Alembic Cache?  If so, what settings do I need to use when exporting from Maya 2015?

Thanks!

-Steve

Deformable geo is not supported at the moment but this could be something coming in the future!

SteveTalkowski

Rex,

Looking forward to that future.  Also, the future where I can select "Render with: Keyshot" inside Maya.

I'll be your first, enthusiastic alpha tester!

-Steve  ;D

feher

I'll be your second. Been waiting for that day myself.  :D
Tim