Main Menu

Camaro 2009

Started by brazz, July 25, 2014, 04:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brazz

hey guys,

First post here. I modelled a camaro last year and it was hoping for an oportunity to render it. Came across keyshot the other day and thought it was really nice renderer, specially because it allows me to have fun instead of messing with tons of settings in other renderers. The real time feedback is great and powerful.

So here it is. Let me know what you guys think. Photoshop was used to comp some render passes together and additional color grading, etc.

Josh3D

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your work. Looks great!

Rex

Nice work brazz! Welcome to the forum. The third image looks a little floaty. I suggest adding a ground plane through edit>add geometry>ground plane. Then edit the ground plane material and check the box for "clip geometry below ground". Now move the plane up slightly to give the tires a sense of weight.

brazz

thanks guys for liking my work.

Rex: I hear you about the last image being floaty, I should have enhanced the shadows on PS. That ground tip on keyshot is gold, thanks, I will try that.

While we´re at it, I´m having trouble rotating an object in keyshot. Somehow the chevy logo on the back came split into several parts, I tried to group all the part and rotate it, but the pivot point is way off, making it rotate around in great distance. Any ideas to make it rotate in it´s centered pivot? All the parts?

Rex

Quote from: brazz on July 25, 2014, 12:59:50 PM
thanks guys for liking my work.

Rex: I hear you about the last image being floaty, I should have enhanced the shadows on PS. That ground tip on keyshot is gold, thanks, I will try that.

While we´re at it, I´m having trouble rotating an object in keyshot. Somehow the chevy logo on the back came split into several parts, I tried to group all the part and rotate it, but the pivot point is way off, making it rotate around in great distance. Any ideas to make it rotate in it´s centered pivot? All the parts?

That is interesting. If the parts were put into a group the rotation axis should be the center of that group. Maybe there is a part with an extraneous component off to the side? try moving the group to the top level of the scene tree so that it is not within another group.

You can also try to add the rotation as an animation and set your own pivot point.

Rex

feher

Welcome, The black and white shot is nice. I would love to see you push that a little more.
It's a keeper
Tim

brazz

Rex: Thanks for the reply. I looked at the chevy logo again and noticed I was trying two selected groups. I put all the parts under the same group and the rotation worked better. It´s still rotating weird in one axis(sort of like gymbal lock) but it´s a lot better to fine tune into position.

Feher: thanks man, I will def. look into pushing this image more as soon as I get home. I´m away from my computer for a few days.
I looked at your site, amazing car renders, very inspiring.

brazz

Feher: Just watched your webinar on automotive render in keyshot, great tips man. Thanks for doing that.

feher

My Pleasure Brazz,

I really want to do one where I have more interaction with the viewers. It was hard for me after awhile. It felt like I was talking to myself....lol Then I lost my train of thought....
My door is always open if you need anything. That goes for anyone.
Tim

brazz

thanks Tim for being available to help out.

Have you heard of the Google Hangout https://www.google.com/+/learnmore/hangouts/ ?

Great way to host webinars yourself and invite people to join. The webinar stays recorded so you can share the link later.

I would love to see more webinars with you, maybe you can talk about your interior renders as well, great stuff.

Let me know if I can help in anyway to make this happen.

Rex

Perhaps Tim would like to be the guest of honor for next month's KeyShot webinar?