Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Renewing my website, so currently working on some new renders. Here is a couple of closeups of a guitar a buddy of mine modeled a couple of years ago. Hope you like'em!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Also, totally unrelated to the previous pics, but if anyone knows a decent resource for fluid splash 3D models, I'd appreciate it. If you look at the attached image, the fluid doesn't exactly look realistic(from turbosquid). Not easy..no..practically impossible to make fluid in NX :P

Ed

Magnus,

Love the cnc shot.  I own a cnc mill and cnc lathe for my business, so I can relate.

Finding splash models is not easy, but with the proper model for the coolant, your scene would fool me into thinking I'm looking at a photo.

I would expect to see a plastic flexible coolant nozzle near the cutter in a set up like this, and if you added one it may make the splash easier to achieve (more of a concentrated jet of coolant).

Love to see revision #2 if decide to keep working on it.

Ed Ferguson

feher

That CNC shot is really nice.

Angelo

very nice images, CNC one takes me back :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks guys!

Ed: If I find some good fluid models, or perhaps being able to make it myself, i'd try to make a revision of it. I've played with Blender before though, but didn't quite get the hang of making good looking fluids.. Maybe I'll give it another shot if I can find some time. Nozzle was a good idea though. I'll add that as well.

Josh3D

Magnus Skogsfjord

edwardo

I dont understaand... your coolant fluid looks amazing! love the slight motion blur in it as well. I don't see how it could be improved in that much??

lovely stuff (the rest of the render is great too - particularly the various metal textures such as the chuck)

Edwardo

Magnus Skogsfjord

Why thank you Edwardo. Like Ed mentioned, the fluid should be more of a concentrated nozzle kind of fluid movement. In this picture, I just took two kinda random splash models and mashed it in there to make it look decent. But thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated :)
'
Seems like I should have altered the subject name of this thread ;)

edwardo

I think its pretty accurate. put it this way, anytime i went into the machining room in my last place of work i would get home and notice I'm covered in greasy splatters. Maybe its just the stuff we used, but is coolant not pink?

Ed

There are several types of coolants (different colors and flavors :)  Oil-based, synthetics, water soluble - depends on what material you are machining and other factors.

A Google Image search on "machining coolant" shows several variations in operation for inspiration.

Again, a very good job Magnus.

Ed

Magnus Skogsfjord

Again, thanks! Much appreciated.

Magnus

dunk

Brilliant work. Makes you want to hear it play. Nice one.

For the fluid, could you not overlay a fast frame image of the actual fluid? I think you be hard pressed to beat what you have done. Although you could try a pulling technique in zbrush, that could be an option.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks dunk!

Sure, I've actually just used the smudge tool in PS to make the blur.

If I had Zbrush, and time to learn it, I would definitely try it. But I work mostly in NX and engineering CAD-systems. Blender is also an option i reckon.

See attachment for the non-blurred image.