Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

Esben Oxholm

Your close-up makes me wanna touch it. Great job!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thanks Esben. Appreciate that!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Did a quick modeling exercise with the new Realize Shape capability in NX, by modeling the apple earpods.

Rendered in KeyShot.

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thank you very much threedyart :)

slater

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on December 22, 2014, 07:40:15 AM
Did a quick modeling exercise with the new Realize Shape capability in NX, by modeling the apple earpods.

Rendered in KeyShot.
Im using Ug also for my work..and i'm interested in what you wrote.what do u mean for new realize shape capabiliry? Are you using nx9?

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: slater on December 23, 2014, 08:08:12 AM
Im using Ug also for my work..and i'm interested in what you wrote.what do u mean for new realize shape capabiliry? Are you using nx9?
To be fair, realize shape isn't exactly brand new, as it has been available in NX9 for a year now. Going to test out the enhancements to it for NX10 though. Loving it so far! Im currently on NX9 yes. Have you tried it yet?

Magnus Skogsfjord

So, I posted an image to a speed render contest here on the site, before noticing that the contest ended months ago. Obviously not very observant.. Anyhow, the model was fun to work with, so I tried to put some more effort into it, trying to push the lighting and photoshopping. Any comments/feedback or tips on how to improve this are appreciated.

Esben Oxholm

That is really really nice.
I think the composition and post production is top notch. I really like the heat effect at the gun muzzle. Well done.

I feel that the light effect on the background is a bit overdone and attracts too much attention. I would take that out and introduce a foggy atmosphere. You should be able to paint it in using a big soft light grey brush and some masking.

Also I think you can enhance the composition by cropping away some of the right side. Maybe a bit more than halfway to the figure.

Again, I think you did a good job here :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Thank you for the feedback, Esben. I really appreciate it! You have some really nice inputs which I'll try to include to another version. Hope to get some time for it this weekend :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

Alright. Had a 2nd attempt on the composition trying to achieve what you suggested. Let me know what you think :)

Esben Oxholm

Cool. Great improvement.
Now that you have cropped out some of the right, I think you should add a bit to the left side. The flare from the gun ends right at the border which irritates my eye :)
I'm getting really picky now and we're probably down to personal taste as well.

The smoke looks way better than the rays of light.
You should let the smoke cover some of his left shoulder and arm to give a sense of depth. Maybe also along the right waist/back line. Right now it looks a bit like a background image behind the character and not a integrated part of the scene.

Push it just a little more :)

Magnus Skogsfjord

I really appreciate this feedback Esben. Have learned a lot from this :) I've tried to add more depth with the fog, and added more space to the left in the image as you suggested. Let me know if you still think it could be pushed

Esben Oxholm

No problem. I'm happy to help. Awesome to hear that you can make use of it :)

The extra layer of smoke is great!
Maybe there's almost to much now - stealing some of the attention. I would probably make it a bit more transparent.
But again - We are down to details and personal preference now.

Magnus Skogsfjord

I agree with you that it might be a bit excessive amount of smoke. I'll see if I can find some time to tinker with the details :)

Again, thanks!