Scene sets - different backplates

Started by jhiker, August 13, 2014, 06:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

I've just started playing with 'scene sets'.
I am able to change the materials in a model and save it as a new scene set and then toggle between the two.
I want to have different backplates for the two scene sets but when I change the backplate in 'scene#1' it changes in 'scene#2' also.

What am I missing?

From the 'What's New? document...
Scene Sets (Pro)
All your scenes in one, with multiple cameras or Viewsets. Scene Sets give you the ability to have access to all design iterations and camera views in a single file. Toggle parts on and off, switch cameras with ease and flow through the sets with a single hotkey.
How it works
Now called Scene Sets, Model Sets have been updated to included assigned Cameras and Viewsets. Import your models, duplicate or pattern a model within KeyShot. Create Camera Views or Viewsets from the Projects, Camera tab. Viewsets can each have different Environments or Backplates applied to them. Scene Sets are available in all licenses of KeyShot Pro.
To create a Scene Set, right-click Scene Sets in the Projects, Scene tab and select Add Scene Set. Name your Scene Set and select a specific Camera or Viewset to use. These can be changed after saving a Scence Set, by selecting a Scene Set in the Scene tree and changing the Name or Camera in the Scene Set properties. To switch between Scene Sets, double-click the Scene Set to switch to it the Scene tree or use Shift-M to toggle through Scene Sets.

jhiker

A comment from Keyshot would be appreciated.
Is it possible to do what I want or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Thanks.

Ruckus

The Luxion crew might be a little busy wrapping up at SigGraph. (or flying home)

thomasteger

You have the option to link a viewset to the scene set. This is how you control different backplates for individual scene sets.

edwardo

pfff.... i need to get my head around all this new 'sets' stuff. It seems really useful

jhiker

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 06, 2014, 07:14:11 AM
You have the option to link a viewset to the scene set. This is how you control different backplates for individual scene sets.

Could you elaborate please?
I can now make a scene set from a patterned model but I can't change the backplates on the individual scene sets. And what is a view set and how do I create one.

thomasteger

Under cameras, instead of a camera save a view set. Instead of just saving the camera angle, you save the hydra, all settings, back plate, etc. They are extremely powerful and allow you to manage the entire photoshoot in one file.

Under the scene sets, you can then link a camera or view set to a specific scene set.

jhiker

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 07, 2014, 10:03:41 AM
They are extremely powerful and allow you to manage the entire photoshoot in one file.

I'm sure they are, but I'm just not getting this...
I added a 'scene set' so I had 'Default' and 'New' then I added and saved a 'view set'  but when I change a backplate it changes on both of them.
Is there a tutorial somewhere or some clear documentation, maybe.
Thank you.