Keyshot crashes with labels/ Zinc material crashes

Started by Re-Sol, August 08, 2014, 08:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re-Sol

I have been playing around with labels today. I was able to import a simple rectangle and place our company logo on it. The image is a small JPEG and I was able to manipulate it with no problem using the "Planar X option".

I placed a Toon shader on the rectangle to see how it all looked. Now no matter what I do as soon as I click the "position" button in the label area Keyshot instantly crashes. I've tried the planar options, the box option, and normal projection. I'm using the same small JPEG, and tried another to make sure it wasn't a corrupted file. I've tried importing different model files for the same reason. I'm using a work provided off the shelf Dell tower which is not set up for any sort of visual work. It could be a hardware problem but I was using it just fine earlier. Restarting the computer has changed nothing.

Any ideas?

EDIT: The label problem seems to have fixed itself as I am able to use the planar projections just fine again. Now the Zinc materials cause Keyshot to crash.

stephengraham37

I crash every 15 minutes in the new 5.0 when using labels. I am thinking about going back to 4.0 I have lost TONS of work so far!! Bugs galore!

jhiker

Quote from: stephengraham37 on August 19, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
I crash every 15 minutes in the new 5.0 when using labels. I am thinking about going back to 4.0 I have lost TONS of work so far!! Bugs galore!

Be careful - I don't think Keyshot v5 BIPS are backwards compatible with v4