Keyshot view not showing anything!

Started by Mr_B0x, September 18, 2014, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B0x

I JUST purchased Keyshot for MAC and got it downloaded and installed and well... Im quite upset. >:( This program I installed doesnt work whatsoever. As soon as I try and import a file, it doesnt do anything but create a distorted image where my model should be. I try and do other actions and It just crashes. Nothing about this program right now is proving to me that my money was well spent. Does anyone have this problem or recommend a solution for this before I ask for my refund???
Attached is what every model I try and open looks like.

TpwUK

This the QT Library bug ... there is three resolutions to this

1. When opening or importing a model, make sure your your finder view is one that offers no previews (list view only)
2. As you can see in your scene list, the model is there, just click render and let it complete, now close that render window and your scene will appear :)
3. Wait for KS version 5.1 - This should be fixed in that update.

HTH

Martin

Mr_B0x

Thank you for your response, I have been going around this by the said render then close route, Ill also try and do the others as well. When do you think we can expect to see 5.1?

TpwUK

As bad as it sounds, when it's ready...

What i can say is that the current beta is at 5.1.26 which is quiet a leap compared to the normal trickle that KS release, so i think they are working really hard to fix and stabilise the product. I am sure if you approach support@luxion.com they will provide you with details of how to get your hands on the current beta/build if you desperately need it :)

Martin