Main Menu

PLA

Started by DriesV, August 12, 2014, 05:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Phew... Long time not posted...

Nothing too fancy. Just a little tribute to the awesome blue PLA resin material in the KS cloud.

Dries

Josh3D

Yum, PLA. Looking sharp Dries!

ps. it has been too long. more posts! ;-)

Despot

Beautiful Dries, nice model as well

J

DriesV

Thanks, guys!
I've got some of these printed in FDM PC in the office and apart from the color they look exactly like this.

Dries

feher

You are the plastic master ! Looks great.
Where have you been ?
Tim

DriesV

Much appreciated, Tim!

Quote from: feher on August 14, 2014, 02:56:01 PM
Where have you been ?

I've been onto one of the most daunting projects I ever did: teaching my parents CAD, more precisely IronCAD!! (No Bill, not everyone is a fast learner like yourself... :)) )
I'll be occupied with this for quite some time still...

Dries

Speedster

Quoteteaching my parents CAD

Yikes!

Back in the mid 80's I had a little Pentium 100 (!) and desperately needed more memory, which at that time was very expensive.  One Sunday morning we were having breakfast with my mom, then 80, and we were reading the Sunday paper.  I saw an add for a sale on memory, and I mentioned I should run over and get some while the price held.

Couple of hours later my mom called (she lived downstairs) and asked "could I get her some too?".  She was great!

Bill G

DriesV

Awesome story, Bill!

P.S. Pentium 100 is mid 90's, right?
I remember my parents almost had a stroke when the first Pentium arrived one month after they bought a brand spanking new 486 (Turbo mode!!). I believe the year was 1994...

Dries

Speedster

I think you're right.  It had to be about 1995 or so, because I bought it to replace my Brother word processor, and we were still living in Santa Fe, New Mexico- we moved back to California in 1997.  And, oh ya, we just moved back to Santa Fe!  My how time flies when you're having fun.  And how "short term memory goes first"!
Bill G